Intellectual property (IP) refers to various distinct types of creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols, names, images, and designs for which a set of exclusive rights like copyrights, trademarks, and patents are recognized under the corresponding fields of law.
ABOUT THE IPR CELL @ NECN:
The IPR cell is established with the endeavors of converting innovative Designs/Products/Services, Inventions through project work and research work of Students and staff into Patentable rights of the institution thus legally owning the right over the invention. IPRC also strives and envisages for the revenue generation using such legally owning inventions. The IPRC constitutes a governing body whose primary responsibility is to frame the policies on Patentable work and communicate the same to the relevant stake holders and the inventors at the Institution, and a working committee that studies and assays the prospective designs and inventions of the institution into Patents, copy Rights, trade marks etc.
Institute has intention to protect innovations using available Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in order to benefit the society and minimizing the risk of valuable ideas remains on the shelf. Therefore Institute organizes the seminars, workshops or Guest Lectures on IPR every year. IPR cell was established to provide relevant, timely and targeted support to inventors in protecting their IPR and to boost confidence in generating IPR to make our researchers Self-Reliance in Finances related to royalty.
The IPR cell constitute
Convener – Dr. G. Srinivasulu , Principal
Dr. G. Venkateswarlu
Dr. K. Murali
Dr.K. Sai Kumar
Functions and Responsibilities:
- To create an awareness about IPR for faculties and students of the Institution.
- To impart training on future endeavors regarding patent filing processes.
- To conduct workshops, seminars and training course on IPR.
- To promote better understanding of IPR.
- To encourage faculty members and students to go patentable works.
- Frame and keep updated IPR Policy of the Institution
- Communicate the IPR Policy to the various stakeholders and the Inventors of the Institution, students in general
- Identify prospective inventions, innovations, Service improvement ideas and Copy rights
- Study and recommend inventions etc for feasibility of converting to patents/Copy Rights
- Compensate the Inventors with due reward for encouraging inventions
- Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights (Publications & Patenting)
- A seminar on “Importance of Intellectual Property Rights for Start ups”
- An Awareness Programme on “Laws of Intellectual Property Rights”
- A Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights and its Role in Protecting Our Inventions”
- A seminar on “The Role of Intellectual Property Rights on National Economic Development”
A Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights (Publications & Patenting) was organized on 21st April 2018
A Seminar on Importance of Intellectual Property Rights for Start Ups on 5th August, 2016
An Awareness Programme on “Laws of Intellectual Property Rights” on 08th July 2015
A Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights and its Role in Protecting Our Inventions” on 1st August 2014
A seminar on “The Role of Intellectual Property Rights on National Economic Development on 06th July 2013