Research:To undertake high quality research on issues relevant to women's safety, health, freedom and well-being with particular focus on behavior that is harmful and abusive to women.
Education:To develop and deliver education on issues relevant to women's safety, health, freedom and well-being with particular focus on addressing behavior that is harmful and abusive to women.
Mentoring:To empower, equip and mentor a coalition of women to be agents of positive cultural change and influence in the home, the community, the paid workforce and public life.
Advocacy:To inform government legislation and policies on issues of relevance to women's safety, health, freedom and well-being through high-quality research.
The Department of MCA conducted an Awareness Program on Women’s Health & Hygiene under women’s forum on 01-09-2018 by the Resource person Dr. S. Shareena, M.B.B.S, D.G.O. ., Vennela Hospital, Nellore
- Dr. S. Shareena, M.B.B.S, D.G.O.,, has given an awareness on Women’s Health & Hygiene for all MCA girl students. Doctor projected the importance of ladies personal health depends upon a level of cleanliness to keep us free from diseases, such as skin diseases, respiratory diseases or gastro intestinal diseases.
- However, she gave suggestions on Natural hormonal fluctuations which can lead to depression or anxiety. She explained about some symptoms which occur before and after menstruation cycle like concerns, emotional shifts, sadness, and tiredness.
- Bleeding and discharge are a normal part of the menstrual cycle. Added symptoms during menstruation may indicate health issues, and unusual symptoms, such as bleeding between menstruations and frequent urinating, can mimic other health conditions.
- Factors such as sweating, menstruation and vaginal discharge make personal hygiene vital, to prevent body odor and to maintain health.
- An Awareness program under Women’s Forum on A Safety Awareness program for Women for all MCA girl students was organized on October 06th, 2018.
- The Resource person projected the importance of women facing problems now-a-days.
- This program is designed to increase safety awareness, knowledge, skills, self-efficacy, and behaviors as well as increase social support among women with disabilities.
- The program was shown to produce a statistically significant increase among participants’ scores on measures of safety planning, safety knowledge, and safety-promoting behaviors, compared with non-participants.
- Personal safety has become an issue of importance for everyone, but especially for women
- She gave suggestions - that every woman should know about personal safety are the first, and probably most important, component in self-defense is awareness.
- Take self-defense training. Escape is always your best option.
- It is important to understand that you CAN and SHOULD defend yourself physically.
- Never depend on any self-defense tool or weapon to stop an attacker. Trust your body and your wits, which you can always depend on in the event of an attack.