On behalf of NSS program MCA department staff and students distributed ceiling fans to the old people at Mother Theresa Old age Home, Nellore on 17-11-2017.
The National Service Scheme was launched in 1969 to mark the centenary year of our great leader Mahatma Gandhi, is committed towards building a society where in human beings are valued and human relationships are cherished through selfless acts of service and its motto ‘NOT ME BUT YOU’.
The core objectives of the NSS unit towards its volunteers are:
- Developing physical capacities via dignity of labor.
- Building emotional maturity and stability through social service.
- Enhancing intellectual abilities through learning and personality development.
- Creating a spiritual awareness for joyful and peaceful living.
The core objectives of the NSS unit towards our society are:
- Providing helpful hands to the needs of our community.
- Commitment towards Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Protecting, preserving and enhancing our environment.
- Imparting knowledge and creating consciousness on various social issues.
- Rendering selfless service to weaker sections of our community
MCA department staff and students NSS unit visited Little H.E.A.R.T.S Orphanage home, Nellore on 14-12-2017. It was an interactive session of games and activities with the children. They felt really happy on getting story books, school bags, clothes and their favorite biscuits. A good quantity of donation was collected at the Collection Drive that was organized before the visit. Students donated geometric boxes , toys, shoes and many other useful stuff. With the support and cooperation of the college students, a small meal was also organized for them.