Department of MCA has conducted a Guest Lecture program for MCA students, Resource person Mr Venkata Pavan Kumar Sr.S/W Engineer, MIND TREE LTD , Chennai.
He has given valuable information about “AWS Cloud Computing” and how these trends will be useful in present market to the students. Students have shown enthusiasm in knowing about the Cloud Technology. The session was successful and the students felt that, the session is more useful for them.
- He discussed about how Amazon Web Services (AWS) started to offer IT services to the market in the form of web services, which is nowadays known as cloud computing.
- User need not plan for servers and other IT infrastructure which takes up much of time in advance.
- Instead, these services can instantly spin up hundreds or thousands of servers in minutes and deliver results faster.
- User pay only for what we use with no up-front expenses and no long-term commitments, which makes AWS cost efficient.
Guest lecture for students of I & II year on 03-11-2018 Resource Persons: B. Siva Kumar, Sr.S/W engineer, Capgemini, Chennai
Topic : Test Automation
- He discussed about how Automation testing is a technique uses an application.
- How to implement entire life cycle of the software in less time and provides efficiency and effectiveness to the testing software.
- Importance of Automation testing
- The main goal of Automation testing is to increase the test efficiency and develop software value.
1. Benefits of Automation Testing
- Increase productivity
- Saves money
- Increases software quality
- Reduces testing time
- Support various applications
- Increase testing coverage
- Reduction of repetitive work
- Greater consistency
2. Different Software testing tools Available in Automation Testing:
- HP Quick Test Professional
- Visual Studio Test Professional
- IBM Rational Functional Tester
- Testing Anywhere
Event: Guest lecture on 04-08-2018
Topic: Future IT
Alumni Details: B. Srikanth, DBA(Module Lead), CenturyLink Technologies, Bangalore
Resource person Mr. B. Srikanth has given valuable information about “Future IT” and how these trends will be useful in present market to the students. Students have shown enthusiasm in knowing about the future of the IT market. The session was successful and the students felt that, the session is more useful for them.
1) He explained Future will be on automation and bot technology. Businesses will be able to run almost completely with bots.
2) Bot also known as web robot, WWW robot or simply bot, is a software application that runs automated tasks (scripts) over the Internet.
3) User want to be a part of an industry that is constantly subject to new trends then just look to the information technology industry .
4) IT jobs are well-paid and in-demand.
5) IT jobs are among the fastest-growing for the next decade.
6) Recruiters said skills in cyber security, cloud; data analytics, Internet of Things, and converged infrastructure are the highest-value.
The MCA Department Organized a Guest Lecture Program on Wireless Sensor Networks & Its Applications On 16/10/2017. DR. K. RAGAHAVA RAO Professor & HOD, Department of ECSE , K.L. University , Discussed Various topics for II MCA & III MCA Students.
- Introduction to WSN
- WSN Architecture
- Protocol stack of WSN’s
- Types of WSN’s
- Transport protocol for WSN’s
Faculty Development Programs
FDP - 1
Dept of MCA has organized a Training Program on “Basics of System Administration” for Programmers and Lab Technicians from 11th Sep to 12th Sep 2017 at Kautilya Seminar Hall in C – Block, NEC, Nellore. Resource person is Mr. D. Madhu Babu, Assistant Professor, MCA Dept, Nellore. In this program 12 members have attended from our college.
The major topics covered in this program are:
- Introduction to Windows-7 System,
- Windows-7 Installation Procedure
- Formatting the system
This workshop is designed for those who want to explore Windows-7 installation in depth to reinforce their knowledge and gain practical experience.
Workshop Goals: “By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:”
- Know how to install Windows-7
- Know how to format the System
FDP - 2
MCA Department has conducted an Induction Programme on “Hadoop and Big Data Analytics” from 19th Dec to 23rd Dec 2017, at Kautilya Seminar Hall in C – Block, NEC, Nellore. The induction Program was very useful to the staff members to benefit the knowledge on Hadoop and Big Data. Resource person was Mr. K. Koteswara Rao, Sr. DBA, Sun Technologies, Bangalore. Total staff members attended in this program are 22 members, out of this 15 members are from our college and 7 members are from various other colleges.
In this FDP following topics are covered:
- Introduction to Hadoop Architecture and Hadoop Cluster
- Plan and Deploy a Hadoop Cluster
- Load Data and run applications, know how to manage, Monitor and troubleshoot a Hadoop Cluster
- Programming Skills in hive and Map reduce etc.,